I can't imagine what you'd like to know - so how
'bout I just fill out one of those great
"Get to Know You" email's we've all gotten...
1. What time do you get up? My alarm goes off at 2am…I get up immediately sometime
within the three hours that follow.
2. If you could eat lunch with one person, who would it be? Katherine Hepburn.
I would say my Dad who recently passed away – but lunch just wouldn’t be enough.
3. Gold or silver? ugh, whatever.
.....Am I the only one that doesn't like the incomplete sentences on "get to know you"
questionnaires like this??.....moving on.....
4. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? The Cinema?
5. What is your favorite TV show?
6. What do you have for breakfast?
7. Who would you hate to be stuck in a room with? A pessimist.
8. Who inspires you? Santa Claus and Ebenezer Scrooge.
9. What is your middle name?
10. Beach, City or Country? Beach
11. Favorite ice cream? The old standby is chocolate –
but Chocolate Malt ice cream is fabulous beyond words.
I also love pumpkin, and peppermint.
12. Butter, plain or salted popcorn? Butter and salt please – but not too much
13. Favorite color? Purple and all it’s many shades
14. What kind of car do you drive? A very trusty one that I love dearly.
It's SO fun to have a stick again.....vroom, vroom!
15. Favorite sandwich? My Mom’s ham sandwich.
Very simple but somehow she always has the freshest bread.
Runner up fav. sandwich is probably something like the The Geeter at Erbert & Gerbert’s.
16. What characteristic do you despise? A closed mind.
17. Favorite flower? A nice softly colored pink peony.
18. If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? Everywhere.
Well, except for places that are dusty, dirty, and hot. Not a fan of that.
19. What color is your bathroom? Rental white with soft purple accents.
20. Favorite brand of clothing? Eddie Bauer….excellent quality wardrobe basics.
21. Where would you retire? Somewhere near the sea…that little place where
Sandra Bullock and Nicole Kidman lived
in the movie Practical Magic seemed very nice.
22. Favorite day of the week? What am I, 12-years old? Favorite day of the week…
23. What did you do for your last birthday? Nothing in particular. I don't consider turning a year older any sort of particular feat that needs to be reveled in.
24. Where were you born? Twin Cities, Minnesota
25. Favorite sport to watch: Is demolition derby officially a sport?
No? Then Baseball – great when in the stands…great when
dozin’ on the couch on a summer afternoon. It’s good either way.
I love cars - so the Indy 500 is great – but it only comes once and year
and jealousy sneaks in when I watch (I’m a frustrated racer) so it's bittersweet.
26. Who do you least expect to send this back to you? A stick in the mud
27. Person you expect to send it back first? The person with a sense of
humor who gets
what's going on here. DO IT! (copy this - put in your own answers and email me!)
28. What fabric detergent do you use?
29.Coke or Pepsi? Coke. Cream Soda or Ginger Ale really,
but they weren’t given as an option, were they?
30. Are you a morning person or a night owl? Ha, ha! Yeah, morning person.
31. What is your shoe size? Excuse me? Why don’t you just ask
how much I weigh while you’re at it. How rude.
32. Do you have any pets? I've adopted two cats from the Eau Claire County
Monty - is a total rock star! Awesome personality,
acts like a dog - but attacks my face in the night so now they're
banished from the bedroom.
Miss Priss - is...well, a priss. (hence the name,
if it weren't so fitting I would have picked a cooler name).
It was really hard to decide to get another pet after my dog died back
in January of '07. No one will ever fill the void she left
Some day I may get another dog - but I don't feel like I have
the time to give one right now...but they are awesome, awesome pets.
33. What is your dream car? The 1936 Delahaye 135 Competition
Court Figoni & Falaschi Coupe.
34. Favorite vegetable? It used to be potatoes. But since learning that they hype up
your glycemic index and turn everything in to fat I'm rather peeved at them.
My new favorite vegetable has yet to be decided...that's a big decision. Stay tuned.
35. Last book you read or are reading? Admittedly I’m not much of a
“reader” – the last book was read was The DaVinci Code.
If every book were as compelling – I’d be a bookworm.
And I frequently visit - Dear Professor Einstein: Albert Einstein's Letters
to and from Children. Very interesting...a suprising look at Einstein.
36. First thing you do when you wake up? Hit the snooze bar and
think to myself – “Really? Already? I need to go to bed earlier tonight….”
Coyste's got it ALL going on in this video:
1) Gorgeous face
2) Fluffiness galore
3) The Head Tilt (in spades!)
...and he seems so gentle ~ what a wonderful pooch! (And he's got a brother or sister under the nearby table - bonus!)
He kinda takes the edge off a Monday, doesn't he? ;-)
Ooo! There's a Second Video - can't hear the barking and howls (they've replaced the audio with music) but it's still fun to watch them bounce around!
It will be a *beautiful* weekend: with sunshine straight through Monday and high's in the 70's.
I heard fall colors are at about 50% right now. Get out there and enjoy them by cruising down one of our amazing Wisconsin Rustic Roads -- click the map for more info and to find one that looks good to you!
September 25, 1957.
The U.S. Army's 101st Airborne Division was called out to help nine little kids in Little Rock, Arkansas go to school.
Elizabeth Ekford - one of the Little Rock Nine
Norman Rockwell - "The Problem We All Live With" - inspired by the events
A Philidelphia Mom is angry about getting a $50 ticket after her 2-year old son piddled in the street.
She says the store her family was in wouldn't let him use the restroom and he ended up running outside and urinating on a light pole. Watch her tell the story.
Manneken Pis in Brussels better watch his back...er, front.
Do you think the officer overreacted?
As someone who just attended a "potty party" to celebrate the successful potty training of a friends little boy - I can appreciate the difficulties involved in potty training....sometimes it comes on FAST, right? That's the trick for the little one, learning your bodies signals. But you tell me - did she deserve the ticket? Would a warning have been enough?
Me and the Man of the Hour at his Potty Party - yay!
Kitty Litter Cake is served - very yummy (despite its looks, lol!)
A new Vanity Fair article alleges that Nazanin Boniadi was 'audited' to be Tom Cruises girlfriend before he met and married Katie. Once you read the story - tell me....am I the only one who thinks it's totally plausible?
Click the pic for the story:
Congress members spend about 27% of of their time taunting each other according to a Harvard Professor who studied their behavior. Are you surprised?
She was just 20-minutes old and already attempting to get to her feet.
I filmed over the next 15-20minutes as she made several attempts to stand. Being Wisconsinites - a new cow is certainly nothing new to most of us....the reason I kep filming each time she tried to get up (besides the fact that it was just so sweet) was the amazing crowd reaction to her attempts.
There was a huge crowd at first, but as little attention spans meant many moved on, a lot of families stayed to see and cheer on her accomplishments.
There were a couple of minor attempts, but these are the big ones: In order.....
Encouragement from Mom
Success!! ...and the crowd goes wild!
Today....He is a MAN.
All those newly married couples who, the last few years, have choreographed entrances to their receptions owe a debt a gratitude to Shaun. I think it's safe to say that back in 1992 he sparked a trend....what an entrance - to his Bar Mitzvah dance and to manhood. Mazel Tov!
((Mom gives him his coat and a kiss - my fav part, only to his dance))